Friday, August 8, 2014

Chapter 6 - last part

“It’s too late” I replied.
“How do you know about the SA anyway?” he asked.
“I got friends from the SA and they told me.” I looked to the left to hide my face. I didn’t want him to find out that I was hiding something. How could I tell him about the tiger?
“She’s lying.” Abruptly I turned my head to the door where the voice came from, Yu did the same. Sho was standing there, arms crossed, watching us. Did he hear everything? Wasn’t that bad if he heard all that? Not just for me, but for Yu also? When I was searching for a way to cover up for our conversation Yu started talking: “Why are you lying, Nao?” he believed Sho. I was surprised. He didn’t even care that his friend came inside our house without us noticing and on top of that heard what we talked about. It seemed like Sho already knew everything. A person hearing all this the first time wouldn’t react this calmly just by saying that I’m lying. And how did he even know that I was lying? Could it be...? My expression probably exposed what I was thinking so my brother explained: “He was part of the SA in the school he was going to. He’s a wandering lie detector, so don’t even think about lying in front of him.” now they got me speechless. I was learning a lot of new things at once and my brain couldn’t take more. Yu must have noticed. “I would love to tell you to rest first, but I have to know how you know about the SA. Please tell me, tell us.” He said after looking at Sho who on the other hand added: “And don’t even think about lying when I am here.”
I sighed. It was no use hiding everything. I noticed they were worried about me being part of the SA. They didn’t want me to take part in missions. And after seeing Hiro I knew why. After my second sigh I finally answered: “I’m not part of the SA. I met 2 people who are part of it. Remember the guy who saved me in the club when you both couldn’t? He is in the SA. And today when I was talking to him after finding out his ability a teacher saw us, his teacher. He talked in riddles but really suspicious so I didn’t tell him anything. It was like he was questioning me for having a recommendation. Afterwards Ryuu, that guy I was talking about, explained about the recommendation system. Before that I found an injured person, who coincidentally is his best friend. He just came back from one of those missions so they didn’t have a choice but explain to me.”
“YOU HAVE A RECOMMENDATION?!” Yu and Sho yelled at the same time. When I nodded they looked at each other speechlessly. I could see their thoughts popping out of their heads: why didn’t they know? “Do you have an ability?” Yu asked first. I shook my head first. But then I remembered. I looked at Sho because he probably noticed already. Before he could expose me I corrected myself: “Well, supposedly I have an ability. I found out today. Ryuu and Hiro told me. I didn’t believe them but they proofed me wrong.” I stopped here.
Sho asked the next question: “Which ability? And how did they prove it?”
“I’m a tamer.” Before I could say more Sho already asked again: “Which kind of tamer?”
I hesitated. What kind he asked. I didn’t even know what kind. Ryuu just explained that I was the strongest type, but he didn’t name it. I tried to explain it exactly like he did to the both guys in my room. They both listened attentively. The more I said the more shocked they got. It sounded unbelievable to myself so it must be worse for them. But I was wrong. They weren’t shocked because it sounded unbelievable, they were shocked because my ability was one of the strongest.
“You should rest” Yu said and stood up. I could see that they both wanted to ask more and maybe even experiment with my ability, but they needed time to let everything they heard sink in themselves. “Please don’t let yourself be caught by the school. I agree with your ‘friends’ to hide the ability even if you have to stay away from them. It’s all better than being part of the SA.” He begged before leaving the room with Sho. Left behind in my room I had enough time to think about the upcoming day, which was my first training day.

No comments:

Post a Comment