Friday, August 8, 2014

Chapter 6 - Part one

6.
Now that we resolved this, I remembered Hiro’s wounds. I looked at him, but he didn’t seem like he had any problems. I got up from the bed and went towards his bed. During the conversation he had sat up. I could see his wounds even clearer. I attempted to touch one of his wounds, but Ryuu held my hand back. “What are you trying to do?” he asked.
Right, what was I trying to do? If I touch his wounds they will just bleed and Hiro will lose more blood. Now that he looks fine I shouldn’t try doing anything, I thought. But I got curious about his ability and when the curiosity grabs me I just couldn’t withstand.
“Teach me...” I started but interrupted myself. What was I trying to say? He just warned me about people finding out that I had an ability, so why did I want them to teach me how to use it? But this whole matter seemed really interesting. If I knew how to use it, wouldn’t it be easier to hide it? That’s how I negotiated with myself before I continued. “...how to use it.”
“How to use what?” Both asked at the same time, but from their expression I could see that they already understood me.
“How to use my ability!” I replied.
“Didn’t you listen to our conversation?” Ryuu asked angrily. “You shouldn’t provoke the school by training it also! If the school notices you’ll be in the SA!”
Yeah, I understood that part. He was right about it. But knowing about abilities made me so excited I just couldn’t hold myself back. I nodded. “But, knowing how to use it will be an advantage for me, right? It could even help me in hiding the ability!”
I could see the rage in Ryuu’s eyes when he wanted to argue back, but Hiro beat him to it: “She’s kind of right, Ryuu. And there is the other matter: she HAS a recommendation, so if by chance someone senses her ability she will come in the SA anyway. If we help her train it then at least she won’t be completely unprepared.” He winked towards me. I smiled lightly. It was good that someone understood what I was trying to say and he even was on my side.
Ryuu ruffled his hair as if he was lost on what to do. Even his friend who should have understood his point wasn’t agreeing with him. I could see the fight within himself. But he understood that it was important for me to know how to handle the ability. I knew he came to a conclusion when he sighed. “Alright, but we’ll have to do it in secret. No one is allowed to tell anyone outside of this group. We’ll meet up every day after school to train.” He thought about everything he said and added: “And we need Kei’s help.”
Kei? Who was he? Another ability user? When he didn’t want anyone to know, why let him know? Before I could ask Hiro already shouted: “Kei? Really? YAY! That will be so fun!” his grin was really broad but the next moment he flinched. “Ow ow ow... my stomach.” So his injuries still hurt. He saw Ryuu’s and my worried faces and smiled slightly. “Don’t worry, it will heal soon. But now that I think about it... let’s start with the training immediately!” What was he saying? Suddenly starting with the training? Did he lose his mind? But just thinking about it made me excited. I wanted to try it! “What should I do?” I replied. I looked at Ryuu who was staring at his friend. “Do you have a loose screw Hiro?” he shouted. “You shouldn’t do anything but rest!” he had a point. But it wasn’t just Hiro who wanted to do this, though the outburst of Ryuu made me unsure of what to do, so I just stood there silently, waiting for what would happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment