Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Chapter 5 - part five

“You think I have an ability? And then it’s not an ability, it’s even the strongest type? And above all, the greatest of the strongest type? Aren’t you thinking too highly of me?” I asked. I couldn’t believe what I just heard. Alright, I admit that I could kind of influence Hiro’s ability, but isn’t it enough to think that’s a coincidence? Well, maybe not. But I never could see myself as someone special.
“Yes, you definitely have it. You can influence Hiro’s and my ability.” Even his ability? The tiger? I could SEE the tiger, but I definitely couldn’t influence it, or could I? I stared to him speechlessly. He noticed my doubts and continued. “Usually no one would notice my tiger if I don’t want them to notice it. But the notice I am talking about is just physically, no one can actually SEE the tiger other than me, that’s impossible. But you can’t only see it, you can even touch it. And all that without me  ‘allowing’ you to.”
“Allowing? What are you talking about?” Our conversation got weirder by second. If I didn’t proof to him soon that I was perfectly normal, well, what then? Wasn’t it fine to be special? To have an incredible ability? Why am I denying it this much? But he is talking about me having a ‘strong’ ability, not just a regular one, that’s the fact I just couldn’t accept.
“Let me show you.” He said and turned to Hiro. The tiger jumped out of his body and went directly through his friend. I was so stunned my mouth literally opened wide. It was like his tiger being a ghost. I stepped towards it and reached out with my hand. I touched the fur. How was that possible? Ryuu, who was watching me closely and following every of my movements, continued. “I am sure that there is more to it. If we tried you could even control it.”
Control? How was that possible?
“That’s something you should try out.” I heard Hiro’s voice. I immediately turned to him, Ryuu did the same.
“You are awake.” Ryuu and me said almost at the same time. He sounded really relieved. “How are you feeling?”
“The usual. “ He winked. “Which means I am awesome! Thanks to you two I suppose.” The grin on his lips made me smile also. “But, that’s enough about me. How about you demonstrate me what you were talking about just now?”
Demonstrate? What was he talking about? There was no way of me being able to control more than one ability. And definitely not such a strong one. But I didn’t have time to voice my thoughts. Ryuu nodded and already thought about it. “You just close your eyes and listen to what I say. If this works there will be no doubt about your ability alright?” he asked but because it didn’t seem like he wanted an answer I just closed my eyes. I felt something going around me, touching my fingers, striping my legs, it was the tiger, I was sure about that. Ryuu continued instructing me. “Now think about the tiger, if you want touch it when thinking about it. Be one with the tiger.” What did he mean, be one? How should I make that? Should I ride on it? It’s probably not the way he was talking about. Just when I wanted to ask him he grabbed my hand and continued. “I’ll help you a little with this. Because it’s your first time you probably don’t know how to do it. Think about the tigers eyes, you are trying to see what the tiger sees. Do you see anything yet?” he asked.
I concentrated hard, but his hand holding mine made me nervous and I couldn’t fully occupy my mind just with the tiger. He felt my nervousness and started to brush softly over my backhand with his finger. Strangely the hand which made me nervous calmed me down and I gained back my concentration. I wanted to tell him that this won’t work and he should give up, but right at that moment I suddenly got an image in my head. It was Hiro, but I wasn’t looking through my own eyes, it was the tiger’s eyes! I noticed it from the angle in which I was looking at him. “I see it!” I shouted and heard how Hiro and Ryuu giggled over my enthusiasm. “Yes, that’s it Nao!” Ryuu said, when hearing that in surprise I opened my eyes wide. He said out my name. I thought he didn’t know it, and why was he using it so casually? It gave me a prickling feeling inside of me.
“Hey don’t open your eyes so suddenly!” Hiro scolded me. “Concentrate!”
Oh, right, Hiro was here too. In just a few seconds I totally forgot about his presence. I blushed and closed my eyes. As soon as I closed them I saw the vision of the tiger again.
“Now you have to try to send him in any direction. Try to control him with this first. Think of the direction and he will move.”

I thought about right and the tiger turned to the right. I saw the table where the disinfectants were standing on. When I thought about getting closer to there the tiger moved that direction. The more the tiger listened to my orders, the bigger the headache got. “Oh shit” I heard Hiro saying, right before I fainted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment