Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Chapter 5 - part four

No one was in the infirmary. The nurse was out like always. Ryuu brought Hiro in and laid him down on one of the beds. I closed the door after him and went to get the bandages and disinfectants. I prepared what could be needed. When I heard a ‘click’ I turned towards the sound. Ryuu locked the door and was sticking something on the doors blurry window. “What are you doing?” I asked. The nurse couldn’t come inside like this.
“Do you want people to see Hiro in this state?” he replied. When walking to me to help me carry the needed utensils.
“But the nurse!” I said. “And what did you stick there?”
“Not even the nurse” he answered and took some of the bandages out of my hand. “And it’s better if you don’t know too much.” You know plenty already” he sighed. He bent over Hiro to check his wounds. He especially checked the one bleeding with a frown on this forehead. it was like he couldn’t believe it’s bleeding. I soflty swept over one of his ‘frozen’ wounds. It suddenly started bleeding. “Ryuu! Blood!”
“What are you doing?” He yelled and came around the bed to check the newly bleeding injury. I flinched because of his loud voice. when he noticed he turned around with regret seen in his face. “I’m sorry. It’s just that I’m worried about him. usually his wounds stay frozen until they are dry enough to stop bleeding.” I didn’t know what he was talking about. Freezing blood? But after I saw his tiger it didn’t seem impossible anymore. But Hiro was having a fever, I remembered. I ran to get some cooling bags to stick on his forehead. when I got them a thought came into my mind, which I said out loud. “can’t it be that his wounds are defreezing cause of his fever?” Ryuu shook his head. “It’s his ability” when my eyes widened in shock he continued. “My tiger is my ability, right? His ability is to freeze and liquidize everything, which can be liquidized. No matter how weak he is feeling, his ability doesn’t suddenly stop working, never!” Again his voice became desperate. I could see how important a friend Hiro was. His worry was obvious.
“Then how come his wound is bleeding?” I asked. But then I noticed myself. Just the wounds I touched bled. Ryuu noticed that I came to a conclusion. “You tell me why. I don’t know.” I walked to another of his frozen wounds and turned to Ryuu. “I am not sure but let me try something.” When I reached out with my hand I stopped right before I touched it, because I had another idea. “Help me out please. You softly touch his wound first!” Ryuu did as I told him. Nothing happened. Then I lifted my hand and put it on his wound, softly, without any force. The wound started bleeding.”
“What the...” Ryuu whispered. “It can’t be...”
I looked at my hand, where I could see Hiro’s blood. This was really strange. I didn’t hurt him right? So why did his wound start to bleed? “It can’t be what?” I asked Ryuu in hope that he knew something. He didn’t answer first, he looked at the wounds and re-started bandaging his friend. After some time passed, which seemed like an hour but probably was just a few minutes, he talked again. “You are a tamer.”
“A what?” I asked. I knew what a tamer was, but I don’t remember being one in any zoo or circus for any animal. He was saying really confusing things.
“A tamer is someone with the ability to influence other abilities, means you” Which explains your recommendation bow”. Now it got even more absurd. Me having an ability? I would have laughed if Ryuu didn’t look this serious. “You can’t mean what you just said.” I replied in shock. He didn’t answer, but finished helping his friend in silence. “What does that have to do with my recommendation?”
He looked me straight into my eyes when answering. “The SA everyone admires are a bunch of recommendation students right? You are the only one not in it. SA stands for special ability. You having a recommendation means that there was a scout at your old school, someone who can sense abilities. But he wasn’t 100 % sure about it, that’s why you are in a normal class, not SA.”
He just told me the answer to THE question everyone wonders about. So that’s what the SA was about. A special ability class. So everyone in this school with a recommendation or just in SA classes had one. I wanted to know more about them. What kind of abilities were they? What do they do with them? Does the SA class get trained by the school? What is the school doing with these SA students? But when thinking up all my questions I remembered my own recommendation. I had a special ability too? Me?  That couldn’t be true. I was an ordinary girl. I could never have one. I probably said the last part out loud, because Ryuu shook his head. “You do have one, you are a tamer, one of the strongest types.” He interrupted himself and watched me kind of surprised. “Maybe even the strongest tamer ever”.  Strongest? Me? I giggled hysterically. This guy was regarding me too high. “What’s a tamer anyway?” I asked when I calmed down.“ 
A Tamer is someone who can influence other abilities. Usually he can just ‘tame’ one type of ability, for example the mental types like mind reading. But you can influence more than one type. Maybe even all kinds.”

No comments:

Post a Comment