Sunday, June 8, 2014

Chapter 5 - part two

What was wrong with him? Kicking the table, leaving me here with new riddles! He wants me to keep quiet that I can SEE it, but he doesn’t care about the fact that there IS a tiger? It all seemed seriously strange. And then his teacher, Kuro-sensei! I thought he was pretty nice actually, just too flirty and easy-going, but today he seemed so scary! And Ryuu’s reaction to him wasn’t normal either. He didn’t seem violent, so how come he started kicking stuff? What bothered me most was his question to my recommendation. It was his second time noticing that. Why was it important? But thinking about it wouldn’t help me resolving my questions yet. I had to wait for the next day to find out.
I looked around me and saw the handouts on the table. Right, I had to bring those to the staff room and I had almost no time left for the next class. I hurried out of the room and finished what the teacher asked me to do. When I left the staff room to hurry back to my classroom Kuro-sensei was leaning against the wall near the staff room. I looked around and didn’t see anyone else, neither students nor teachers. I bowed and tried passing him but right when I was beside him he suddenly stepped in front of me. “Hi” he grinned with his flirting smile. I was surprised that he even talked to me. he shouldn’t know me and I didn’t even have any of his classes. I didn’t belong to the group of girls who drooled over him. when he noticed my shock he grinned even broader. “I didn’t mean to scare you” he laughed “I just wanted to talk to the girlfriend of my best student.” He winked but his eyes didn’t seem to smile. Something was off with this guy. He didn’t give me a pleasant feeling at all! I had a weird feeling when facing him. I tried to keep my cool, what Ryuu said made me be careful on how to handle people who face me directly about him. “What’s the problem sensei? I thought we talked about it before.” I hoped I appeared calm on the outside. The more I was together with this teacher the more uneasy I felt. Before he started to talk again, for a moment it seemed like he hesitated. But then he replied: “True, but I am sad that he didn’t tell me he had a girlfriend.”
“Why would a teacher care about his student’s private life?”  replied. He wasn’t expecting me to say something like that, I could see his surprise over the way I answered. I was surprised myself. Usually I am a calm person, never trying to provoke people, but with the situation now I just couldn’t hold back. It’s the chills this guy gave me. When he recovered from my answer he continued his questioning. “Ma...Ryuu”, when he corrected himself with the name I got even more suspicious, “never seemed like a person close to anyone. I was always worried about him not getting alone with anyone and then I saw him talk to you. I was surprised when I saw him together with such a beautiful girl. And in that small room. If another teacher saw you maybe he would have misunderstood and would have given you a punishment. I got curious because I never saw the both of you talk: since when are you a couple?” the more he talked with me the more suspicious I got. This teacher was more than he pretended to be, but I didn’t grasp yet what made him seem so. I tried to avoid the answer to how long we were together because it was possible that he also would ask Ryuu. “Well sensei, if we wanted it to be known to people we wouldn’t have to meet up in cramped places, right?” I tried to imitate Mia as much as possible when talking, because this kind of talk just didn’t suit me. “Anyway classes started and now I’ll be too late, if you’ll excuse me?”
He seemed perplexed about this but nodded. The grin on his face which disappeared while we talked was seen again, but this time it seemed forced. “Just be careful when meeting up from now on” he winked. “Tell your teacher that I stopped you on the way.” With this he turned around and went towards the stairs.
I stood there for a bit, because I didn’t want to follow the teacher immediately. After a few minutes passed I went towards the stairs, which led to the classrooms. To reach the teachers’ staff room I had to go down  to the ground floor. The school’s layout was like the letter ‘U’ surrounded with a big yard. The gym was on the one side of the yard, a field on another. The whole yard looked like a square, just that one corner was missing because of the bushes, but thanks to Sho I found out there was a hidden garden. Other than the teachers’ lounge the library and the student council room, as well as the shoe lockers at the entrance were on the ground floor. Other than the ground floor the school building had three floors and the students were distributed in those along to their years, first floor the first years, and so on. The SA classrooms were on one end of the building, separated from all the other classrooms, which were near each other. Empty classrooms and scientific rooms and one stuff room were on each floor, the infirmary was just on the first floor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment