Sunday, June 8, 2014

Chapter 5 - part three

When walking I thought about what Kuro-sensei said. Now I understood why Ryuu warned me specially. I had a feeling that this teacher tried to find out about Ryuu’s tiger. Even if I wasn’t warned I wouldn’t have said anything. The questioning of this teacher made me feel so uncomfortable that I didn’t trust him. He was too dangerous. While going up the stairs I wondered about this tiger phenomena once again, but it didn’t take long for me to get distracted. When I reached the half of the stairs I heard a ‘thump’ sound from the beginning of the stairs. I looked to where the sound came from and saw someone collapse on the edge. I hurriedly ran down towards the person just to see that it was Hiro. He was unconscious and I saw some blood on his leg. When I turned him around I saw that his shirt was torn and he was covered in more than just one major wound. I grasped for air. I felt something cold under my fingers where I was touching a bloody wound. Why was it cold? Isn’t blood supposed to be warm? Or was he already dying? His body becoming cold? But where I was touching him now was warm, almost hot. When I looked closer, none of his wounds leaked blood. All of the places were icy, as if the wounds were frozen so the bleeding was held back.
“Hiro” I whispered. “Can you hear me?” I didn’t want unwanted attention on him. I tried to get him up, put his arm around my shoulder to stabilize him so that I can help him on the 1st floor to the infirmary. It was hard to keep him on his feet and he didn’t answer me. Slowly his body was getting hotter. He was getting a really high fever” The wounds blood which I touched before started dripping. So I was right. His wounds were strangely frozen so he won’t lose too much blood. Was he getting weaker or was there a time limit to this condition? I didn’t even go up 2 steps when I heard someone running down the stairs from above. Ryuu, I hoped. The moment I realized this thought I gave myself a mental slap. Why did I hope for him? wasn’t it bad if someone saw Hiro? I held my breathe when I saw the shadow coming nearer. It was Ryuu! Despite knowing that it was bad for other people to notice us, I sighed out of relief. “Why are you here?” He asked in an unfriendly way. I didn’t know how to reply. I was too confused of his coldness. Sometimes he was really nice, then he was damn cold again. What a strange guy. Before a decent answer came out of my mouth he started cursing. “He’s bleeding!” He seemed stunned, as if it was unbelievable.
“Well he has some serious injuries” I said.
“Not that!” he seemed desperate this time. He checked the wound which started bleeding again. I wasn’t sure if I should tell him that it was frozen before.
“That’s strange...” he murmured “just one wound started bleeding” I didn’t know what to say. Everything he said sounded strange to me. Slowly Hiro got heavier. I couldn’t really hold on to him anymore. Right when my legs were about to give in, Ryuu grabbed Hiro, so that I wouldn’t take him down on the ground with me. I landed on my butt. “Ouch.” I rubbed my back. Before Ryuu could comment on that, if he even cared about it, I told him “Let’s bring him to the infirmary, his injuries seem serious!” holding Hiro with one arm he grabbed my arm with his other hand and pulled me up. He nodded lightly but didn’t move. When I just wanted to ask why he’s not going, the tiger appeared. It’s size and his majestic appearance made me hold my breath. Ryuu closed his eyes and the tiger dashed forward, up the stairs. For a few seconds he didn’t move at all. Then suddenly he opened his eyes and stared directly at me. “Now we can go. No one will see us.” So that’s why the tiger appeared. Against my will I got excited. Being around Ryuu was really exciting and interesting. I nodded lightly. Now I noticed that he was still holding my arm. It happened a few times already, him holding me somehow, and each time it felt so natural I didn’t notice it. He immediately let go of it and turned to help Hiro.

No comments:

Post a Comment