Monday, March 31, 2014

Chapter 5 - part one

5.
Two days passed since I fainted in the garden. I didn’t see Ryuu, nor Hiro at the school grounds. I even went to the garden in my breaks but Ryuu never came around. And I passed by the SA’s classes but both weren’t seen anywhere. How come I never came across them? Considering how special the students of those classes are and how much others fuss over them it was strange that I didn’t get to see them now that I got interested in them. In the past it was obvious why I never paid attention to them, but now that I knew two faces of the special class, and that I knew of such a big secret too, I was kind of curious about them. And I was looking forward to my next meeting with Ryuu. I still had so many questions to ask.
On that day after he went out with Hiro I sat there long in that room and thought about what he told me. When I finally had the strength back to my legs again, I got up and walked out of there. I didn’t even walk 3 meters before Sho came to fetch me. He was looking really worried, which wasn’t really surprising considering that Ryuu actually wanted to carry me to the infirmary but I never reached there. Because I couldn’t explain him all that happened I just told him that someone came to get Ryuu and that’s why I was alone and it took me so long to come towards the infirmary, though I wasn’t really walking there. But at least it calmed him down and he wouldn’t think that anything is wrong. After that I was sent home early.
Now two days later I was on class duty. My homeroom teacher made me carry some handouts to the stuff-room because he forgot to add something to them. When I passed the storage room where I was carried inside last time the door suddenly opened and I was pulled inside. Ryuu was standing in front of me. He closed the door after him.
“What are you doing?” I asked. Suddenly appearing out of nowhere, what was he thinking?
“You kept it to yourself right?” he asked back without answering my question himself.
What was he talking about? That he was controlling an imaginary tiger? No one would believe me and probably I would even get arrested for saying such strange things. Why should I tell that to people?
“I am not talking about the tiger!” he sighed. “Just don’t tell anyone that you can SEE it!” Just when I wanted to ask why he was telling me that, he covered my mouth with his hand. The next moment the door opened. Kuro-sensei, the homeroom teacher of the SA-class, seemed surprise to see us together. Because I was standing so near to Ryuu I felt how he stiffened. Through his expression I could see that he wasn’t that happy to see the person in charge of his class. I wondered why. Kuro-sensei was always really nice to everyone, especially to girls. He loved to flirt despite being a teacher, and he did it really often. “What are you doing here together in a small room?” he winked towards me. “Am I disturbing?”
I blushed and wanted to bring some distance between Ryuu and me, and shook my head at it. Ryuu held me back and replied: “Sensei! I wanted to be alone with my girlfriend. Is that prohibited?” what was he saying? Girlfriend? That was the second time him calling me this. I speechlessly looked up to him. He pinched my arm and I could see in his eyes that he was begging me to shut up and play along. I bit my tongue and nodded softly.
“It’s not prohibited” he said surprised “but people could misunderstand if you behave like this in a small dark room.” He grinned.
“We just didn’t want other people to find out about our relationship. That’s all.” I tried to explain. Something was wrong with this teacher. Even if I thought of him as pretty nice until now, he seemed completely different, almost terrifying.
“Ryuu-kun, don’t you have some tasks which have to be done? You don’t have much time left until...” he hesitated as if he was searching for the right word “the dead line. I think Hiro-kun is waiting for you.”
Ryuus facial features hardened. “Yeah I will tend to it soon.”
“I hope you will do it in time without letting yourself be distracted” when Kuro-sensei said that he looked at me with a really cold expression. But I just saw it for a second before his usual face popped out again and he showed a really stupid grin. Then he turned around and left the room. Right before closing the door I could hear him whisper “I’ll be waiting.” Then the door closed.
Ryuu was standing there for some time without any reaction. Right when I wanted to call out to him he kicked one of the desks and cursed. “DAMN IT ALL”.
I wondered what was wrong with him. “Ryuu-kun?” he looked surprised when I called out his first name, but he didn’t comment on it.
“It’s nothing” he said instead. “Anyway, now that Kuro-sensei saw you together with me you should take care. Whatever happens from now on, whoever asks you questions, you don’t know anything about a tiger, you can’t see it, you can’t feel it, nothing, you hear me?”
When I nodded he continued: “Good. I apologize for everything that could happen to you from now on.” And with these words he turned around and walked towards the door.
“Hey where are you going?” I asked.
“Lessons are about to start again” he simply replied.
“I still have some questions to you!” it felt like he was trying to escape.
“We’ll meet tomorrow, at the break in the garden. I also have a question to you.” He answered.
“What question?”

He opened the door and stepped outside. Then he turned around. “For example: how come you have a recommendation but you aren’t in the SA?” with this he turned left and walked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment