Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Chapter 2 - Part two

“I was just 12! And that wasn’t even a scandal.” The red on my face got even deeper.
“Of course not. Whatever you say. If you say it isn’t a scandal that for one week all girls stayed away from you and that even the guys didn’t want to get in the way of you and your older admirer.” Now he started to laugh and when I heard that I just did too. It always was so comfortable with him. The memory wasn’t as unpleasant as it once was, now that it was long ago.
“Shosuke... Why did you help me back then? And why did you disappear right after that?” The questions just left my mouth without my control. But I really wanted to know the answers. It always bothered me how he disappeared after helping me.
“Well, you are the sister of Yuichi, so I have to help you out. And I didn’t just disappear. You just had eyes for me it seems, you didn’t see that I was with my friends who were waiting a few meters away from us, but they still saw what happened. Can you imagine how difficult it was to explain to them why I did what I did without them having second thoughts?” He laughed again. Now even louder. We talked for a long time about our past, I didn’t notice how much the time passed. We just talked about how his school days were, when his eyes suddenly got cold. He stared at something which was happening behind me. I turned around so that I could also see what’s going on. But my gaze was caught in a black shirt. I froze. Slowly I let my eyes wander up towards the face and looked into Kento’s icy eyes, who was looking at Shosuke. I totally forgot the reason why we were in this club, because my old  confidant was a good time killer, like I remembered him. But now that I saw Kento I remembered the truth behind us sitting here. The reason why we were sitting here was finally here. Finally? Now the doubts in my heart rose, when I saw him how he was standing in front of me, like a dog who has to defend its home range. I wouldn’t have been surprised if he even marked me like that animal would.
“Disappear. She’s my girlfriend” he said with a really unappealing low voice. Even talking reminded me of the growling of a dog. I looked again towards Sho and saw a little twitching of his lips. He looked at me again and then with a big grin he turned towards the unwanted guest and answered: “Is that true, sweety? I thought you were here alone. And you just even told me myself that you don’t like anyone right now but you are ready to change this fact about you.”
I understood that he wanted to play around with Kento, but I was a miserable liar when I was nervous. And I was nervous after seeing my nightmare in front of me. I had to get my act together to make my voice sound normal, without doubts. “As far as I know it should be like that.” I turned around to Kennto. “Or do we know each other from somewhere?” He looked surprised at me and then I saw the wrath in his eyes.
“What kind of question is that?” His facial expressions were spoiled by the violent feelings he had. “Don’t tell me you don’t remember what I told you 2 days ago and what I did? Don’t tell me you didn’t like it!” Now he started to grin again and looked directly at my companion: “Get lost! She’s mine like I said already.”
Shosuke just wanted to answer to that but then I saw that something behind me got his attention. He smiled into my direction, nodded towards Kento and disappeared.
I was sitting speechlessly on my chair. I didn’t know what to think of this situation. I thought he’ll stay with me but then he just disappeared. He let me be alone with this super idiot. How could he? I didn’t want to even be together for one second with this jerk.
Kento sat down on the seat which he just emptied.
“Well Nao, did you already miss me?”
“If you knew...” I murmured and looked at a complete different direction just to avoid his eyes. I didn’t want to feel disgusted.
“Pardon? I didn’t understand you. What did you say just now?”
I looked into his eyes which were still shining over the battle he just won. “Nothing”, I answered. “Was just talking to myself.”
“Interesting.” He made a short break. “And did you think about what I told you the day before yesterday?” he sounded excited, as if he was awaiting a positive answer. As if someone would go with his offer. This guy really loved himself too much. “Don’t be shy! Just tell me. I know you ran away because you were embarrassed about it being in public!” Again he put this high and mighty grin on his face. “And you sitting here with this awesome breath-taking dress makes me even more sure about your feelings. You probably got this hot tonight just for me.”
Oh yes, I thought, how conceited! Because of his confidence my stomach started to hurt.
“Whatever. When you think so highly of yourself why even ask me?” I asked in a bitchy way. I hoped that at least like this I could get some space between us.
“Well, I call this an answer. I get turned on by this kind of behaviour.” He winked and I realized that my try was in vain. And it got worse. “Nao, what I wanted to tell you, the reason why I asked if you had a boyfriend...”
“It’s not your business if I do or not!” I interrupted him in rage. How much could this person flatter himself?
“Don’t decide for yourself too fast, Nao. That’s not what I meant. I just wanted to clear something up. The reason for you still not having a boyfriend is me. With this question I just wanted to make sure that you still didn’t have a lover. I could hold all the guys from coming close to you, if it’s about going out or about just talking to you. So what do you think of me now?”
My mouth opened in surprise. “What do you mean?” I asked. I was seriously scared by the answer I’ll get. What kind of freak was sitting in front of me? Didn’t he belong into psychiatry? Was he so obsessed by me that he even tried to distance everyone from me? I call this a seriously sick person. Cold shivers ran down my spine. This person in front of me seriously wasn’t normal. I looked around if I could see a familiar person. Where was my brother, or Shosuke? Or anyone else. Please someone, I thought. I totally underestimated his psyche.
“It’s easy” he started. “I really didn’t want anyone to come and snatch you from right under my nose. So I made a plan to hinder everyone from coming near you. After you ran away that day I thought my plan was successful, or you wouldn’t have been that shy right? You still haven’t had any experience. Then I saw you, in a restaurant, not alone but with a guy! I got so jealous. Could you please explain who that guy was who was with you? Even though you told me a few hours before you didn’t have a boyfriend.”

I was so surprised from what he told me. My mind went blank. This guy was a serious psycho. I wondered what kind of answer I should give to avoid a wrong reaction by him. But... who cares about him? I was so in rage. This guy gave me the shivers. And that made me so pissed I just snapped: “What? You did WHAT? Whatever I do in my private life is outside your concern. And if I meet up with someone that’s even more not your business!” I was so mad that I even yelled at him. I didn’t care about the audience this could have gathered in that club. And there were already quite a lot of people looking in our direction, curious if it’s just a little argument or something bigger. Something he said made my blood freeze. “Explain to me what you mean with: You could hold all the guys from coming close to me?”

No comments:

Post a Comment