Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Chapter 3 - Part two

For some reason he couldn’t let go of my shoulders. He looked down at his fingers but they wouldn’t come off. I could see that he was blaming himself and at the same time worried about the stranger, but I was trying to find a way to calm him down. At the end I could just think of one solution. “Yu” help me!” By now my voice was already broke and almost didn’t leave my lips. Yuichi came over and pulled Shosuke away from me towards the couch, where he made him sit.
“What’s gotten into you, man?” he yelled at his friend. “You hurt Nao!”
“Don’t you understand? We couldn’t help her! someone else did!” he sounded so frantic.
“What’s so bad about that? I am standing in front of you, right? Why are you overdoing it? Nothing happened!” I replied, simply angered already. My harsh voice was because I felt the same way as him, I didn’t like the idea of a stranger helping me out, but the other reason I was so harsh was caused through my shoulder pains. But I still didn’t understand what made him feel this uneasy. Shouldn’t he be happy that nothing happened to me? I was still living, and wasn’t that the most important thing?
“Overdoing? Alright, you are standing in front of me. I am happy about that. But just the thought of what would have happened if he wasn’t there makes my knees shudder.” It seemed like he calmed down a little. “But it makes me uneasy that he could help you so easily. He seemed really close to you!” and again he started from the start.
“This makes me feel uneasy too, I have to admit”, Yuichi told us. “I would help another person out too when I see that something like this is happening but still, no one is that fast as that guy and you would still be hit by that first fist, unless...”
“Unless...?” I asked curiously.
“He watched you and was the whole time near you!” both Yuichi and Shosuke yelled at the same time.
That surprised me. I didn’t see a reason for anyone to protect me and put themselves in such a dangerous situation. Maybe the guys knew a good explanation for that.
“What do you mean? Why should someone do that?”
They looked at each other. “We don’t really know that either” my brother admitted.
“But we’ll find out” Shosuke encouraged me after he saw how doubtful I looked.
“Well Nao, it was a long day. Go to bed!” Yuichi said. Usually I wouldn’t listen to him when he tells me something demanding like this, but today I was really tired. It seriously was a long day with a lot of events.
“Alright, I’m on my way.” I turned around and walked towards the door. After a few steps something else came to my mind and I spun around and asked: “Actually I am curious why the both of you weren’t there to help me today when I needed you.”
“Good question.” Shosuke grinned and my brother blushed.
“Yuichi? Do you have to tell me something?” He surprised me. He never showed any expression which could be categorized as bashful.
“Your dear brother was a little bit, how to say, busy. Maybe this is the right word.” Shosuke was obviously having his fun, compared to my brother. I thought about what he just said and understood.
“What? I was in danger and my brother doesn’t have anything better to do than FLIRTING?!”
“Ugh... Nao, didn’t you want to go to sleep?” Yuichi murmured. I noticed how uneasy he felt with this situation and he deserved it. After all he left me alone for his own pleasure even though he was the person who planned his revenge on Kento. It would have been funny to see how fast his wrath was gone when he saw some girls, if the whole situation wouldn’t have been this serious. I took a pillow and threw it at him. Then I walked towards him. Yuichi jumped up and ran away. I ran after him.
“Stop! Suerrender! You have to explain yourself now!” I shouted irritated.
“But Nao” Shosuke intervened. “they were really pretty little things, I have to admit. But they were just having eyes for your brother.”
“The reason behind that, my dear friend, could be that you just had eyes for Nao in that club!” my brother replied. Sho also jumped up and ran after Yuichi, just like me, in the living room.
“That’s not true!” Shosuke yelled revolting. “Don’t you dare say that again!” He, too, threw a pillow at my brother, who then stumbled and fell down. “We got you!” Shosuke and me said at the same time. I sat down on his back and pushed him down on the ground. Shosuke knelt in front of him
“Now talk. How pretty were your flames?” I asked.
“Pretty pretty. Almost comparible to you.” He replied. I grabbed the pillow which made him fall and hit him as hard as I could on his head. “Explain why I can rely on the help of totally unkown strangers, but not on you?”
“Let go of me, Nao! I am seriously sorry! Tomorrow I’ll give you as much ice cream as you want, just let me go!”
“This time you won’t be able to bribe me with ice cream!” I rebelled. “What kind of person do you think I am?”
“I am sorry sis, but I have to do this.” He grabbed my ankles and made me fall of him. Then he got up.
“Not so fast!” Shosuke said, grabbed his arm and threw him back to the ground.
“Alright! I am your slave for tomorrow. Just let go of me! Nao you’ll get as much ice cream as you want and a lot of strawberries, alright? And Shosuke can sleep on my bed this night. I’ll just put something on the floor.”
I thought about his offer. “Alright.”
“Alright too!” Shosuke endorsed.
“Then Nao, go to bed!”
I walked to my room, got my stuff for the bathroom and got ready for bed. At the stairs I shouted “Good Night!” and lied down on my mattress.
I thought about the talk we just had in the living room. It was astounding that someone helped me, and it was unbelievable that my brother cared more about the girls. And what about Shosuke? Why wasn’t he there? When him, himself said that he didn’t care about the girls. Yuichi said he was distracted by me then he probably saw that I was in a dangerous situation. Somehow everything didn’t fit at all.
Distracted by me... What? I blushed in my bed. I probably heard wrong, I thought and closed my eyes. I was sleepy, I almost fell asleep if not the picture of my saviour appeared in my mind. That made me wide awake instantly. Why was he there? I hope I’ll see him soon again, I thought. He looked around my age, so probably a High Schooler too. “Maybe even on the same school” I muttered.
“At least I was saved by a good looking guy” I joked around with myself in a quiet voice. He really was looking good. Tall, dark middle-length hair, dark eyes, but his face was too serious. I hoped I would see him again, even if it’s just to thank him. with his face in my head I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment