Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Chapter 3 - last part

“And I wanted to apologize to you” I ended my little speech. By now we were at the hospital to visit the injured person. Kento attacked a young guy in his twenties and left him an ugly cut. At least he was friendly enough to not show me his disgust too openly, he just smiled.
“Apology accepted” he nodded. Sho and Yu came with me but they were waiting outside the room.
After we finished our business in the hospital Yuichi chauffeured us around to fulfil his duty as a slave. During the drive we talked about my upcoming birthday. Not even two weeks to go until the 19th of July.
“Mom and Dad will probably be back by then too right?” Yu asked. Our parents loved to travel. But it depended on their work also, because their company send the best workers around to help in other branches around the world. But this time it was a normal vacation as a couple, to have their second honeymoon.
“As far as I remember they wanted to come back for your birthday.” Yuichi continued.
“Really?” Shosuke asked. “I’m looking forward to seeing them again! I really missed them!” his joy was contagious. I was really excited about seeing my parents again also.
“So Nao, I suggest this year we’ll plan your birthday and you’ll just lean back and wait. No back talk!” my brother said.
I didn’t have anything to say against that. When I planned things it always made me crazy because nothing goes the way I want it to. So I both of the guys do what they want.
We almost reached home, when I remembered that I wanted to ask Sho about the hanky. But while my brother was there I didn’t want to ask, because I didn’t want him to know. So I waited for an opportunity to ask him. It came fast. “I have to go shopping for dinner. You can go inside already.” My brother said when we reached home. Then he drove away.
“Sho, where is the handkerchief you took before? I want it back so I can give it back to the right owner.”
The hanky.” He brooded over it while searching his pockets. “Damn!” he yelled. “I think I forgot it in the garden. You know. When I wanted to know where you got it from.”

Damn wasn’t the right word to describe this, I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment