Friday, March 14, 2014

Chapter 3 - Part three

On the next day in school I told Mia about everything that happened the day before. At least the most important parts, I didn’t mention Shosuke, nor the stranger. Just that Kento was in that club and attacked me and that I was saved. I didn’t say any details.
“And what happened to Kento?” she asked.
“I don’t know! But we could ask Yu. He will come later to get me.” I grinned.
Really? Why that? Doesn’t he have a date today?”
“I don’t know, but he owes me.”
We just walked towards the stairs which led down to the school’s garden. Most of our free times we were down there, like just now. Right now there were much less teachers because of the summer flu. It was the beginning of July after all.
“Nao!” I heard a voice behind me. I slowly turned around.
“Shosuke! What are you doing here?” I wondered.
“I don’t have school right now so I wanted to visit my old one and you.” He winked. Mia slowly nudged me to probably tell me: introduce me.
“Well, that’s good. This is Mia, by the way, my best friend. And that’s Shosuke, an acquaintance from my childhood.”
Shosuke grinned. “An Acquaintance, yeah? You  mean your best friend from childhood, after your brother left.”
“You could say it like that too.” I muttered. I knew I was behaving childishly.
“Hello! Nice to meet you!” Mia interrupted.
“Nice to meet you too” he replied. He put on his best smile which helped him to make a lot of girls fall for him. Mia made a sighing noise as in: What an awesome guy. I just shook my head.
“So Sho, you saw me. Something else you want to do?” I asked.
“Don’t be so unfriendly!” She nudged me again. “He came all this way here to see you! How romantic.”
I rolled my eyes. “Mia, it’s different from what you think”, I told her.
Shosuke started to laugh. “Mia, would it be a bother if I abduct Nao for a while? I have to tell her something really important”, he asked.
 “No no” she promptly answered.
He thanked her, grabbed me by my arm and pulled me along.
“Stop! You don’t have to go that far away just to tell me something.” I said angrily when it didn’t seem like he would let go in the near future.
“Yes I have to! I have to tell you something important and I don’t need any witnesses for that. “
He pulled me to the furthermost corner of the garden were the bushes were.
“It has to be here.” He murmured. Then he found a gap between the bushes. “Ah, here it is.” And pulled me along with him through the bushes.
“Here we can talk.” he let go of me.
“Wow” the words slipped out of my mouth. “Where are we?” we were standing on a big field with a lot of colourful flowers. It looked so beautiful here. I never saw this place before.
“I always hid here when I had done something.” He winked.
I nodded. If no one knew this place then it’s a perfect hiding spot.
“So tell me, what’s so important you have to talk about without any witnesses?” I asked. To be alone with him made me kind of nervous.
“It’s about Kento, don’t worry.”
“Why? What happened?”
“I just wanted to tell you what happened in the meantime.” He grinned.
“Yes and so?” I got jittery.
“Nao calm down!” he said when he saw my expression. “After they pulled him out of the club he tried to attack another person. You don’t want to know the details, believe me, but I wanted to tell you this much: Kento was arrested by the police and he probably has to visit a psychiatry. Even without the help of professional people they noticed that screws in his heads weren't fixed properly. And by the way, nothing happened to the guy who was attacked. He’s in hospital and is examined but that’s just because the police saw him being attacked and it’s part of their routine.”
“Oh my god!” I shouted. “Was that my fault?” I sobbed.
“Nao! Nothing is your fault.” He came one step towards me. “Are you listening? He was crazy! You noticed that too, right?” another step. He grabbed me under my chin with his hand and lifted my head up, so that I had to look into his eyes. Then he wiped away my tears.
“It is my fault. Someone was injured.” I yelled. He hugged me. I was too weak to step away from him, and why should I have done that. He was my brother’s friend. I leaned my head against his shoulder and started to cry.
“Shh Nao, calm down”
“I have to go to the guy who was attacked and have to apologize! I want to see him! I have to see him!”
I noticed myself how I was exaggerating but it would have been my fault if the police wasn’t in time to save him. This thought made new tears come to my eyes.
“Oh, sorry.” I heard a voice behind Shosuke. He was in the way to see but with my face being wet from the tears it was probably better that way. I freed myself from his arms and grabbed the hankerchief in my pocket.
Sho turned around so that I could see the boy, more like his back, because he was already disappearing the same way we came here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment